Sunday, April 10, 2005

Syracuse has some Shitty bars...

OK, so we were supposed to have a big rock gig at the movie theater. Dren drove himself up early because he wanted to see Turkish Star Wars. Anson & Barry were supposed to pick me up after they got out of work then go get our gear and head for Syracuse. Unfortunately the tards forgot the part about picking me up until they got to Cortland.

So they drive back to Mecklenburg to get me and after a minor fist fight off we go. We get to the theater to play around 12:30 and no one is there. Then Barry remembers that we were supposed to play at a bar not the theater. In my hurry to leave I left the directions to where we were supposed to go in the barn. We figured the bar must be close to the theater, so we wandered around hoping to find the place but there was no signs of movie geeks anywhere. By two AM we were in no condition to play anyway so we slept in the van and drove back to Mecklenburg the next day.

Dren went to the Half Penny and saw the other bands play. Being "the quiet one" (or a dipshit depending on who you ask) he didn't talk to anyone. Dren sez....

> At 10:00 AM 4/9/2005, Dren wrote:
>
> Where the F were you guys last night? The Beauty Scene Outlaws did
> their usual set of the same old songs they stole from us. Your pal Norm
> dissed us repeatedly for not showing up. Small Girl Boils Water and the
> Man Daters did what would have been a fine job getting the crowd
> warmed up for us had you guys not blown it again. The Man Daters were
> incredible and their lo-fi vibe would totally compliment ours, we should
> try booking a gig with them at Kuma.

10 Comments:

Blogger Weber Heimlich said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 19, 2005 8:45 PM  
Blogger PEACHES said...

When you play your next gig you should take a picture so we can see what Potsie looks like!
Either that or schedule another show sometime & go so we can see you live - it says on your site that you were going to play at the Half Penny Pub on the 8th - how could you forget?! One time opportunity guys.
Not playing scheduled shows has become your trademark!
Have any clips?

April 21, 2005 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dren wouldn't know good pit if it bit him in the rock! BSO Rulez!

April 26, 2005 2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Support POTSIE Now!

June 01, 2005 3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my visitors from www.dreamry.com and am glad I did! I actually got sales! Yay!

October 24, 2005 4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every successful online business needs to do one thing and that is to learn all they can about web site optimization firm.

October 27, 2005 11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

targeted hits is all one needs.

November 21, 2005 1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Weber Heimlich, I had been out looking for some new information on ingrown hair when I found your site and this post. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

November 25, 2005 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Weber Heimlich, I just dropped in on my way back to my Hits site. I liked what I
found and thought that I would leave you a note for your efforts in creating this post. It
is amazing what you find looking through these blogs, and the links from them. Have
you ever done that?

December 06, 2005 10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

January 11, 2010 5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home